Nate got his first pair of real shoes yesterday. Unfortunately, since I am a big fan of shoe stores, I didn't go along for the shopping expedition, but instead Thad and Nate went together. Ah, the ritual father-son shoe shopping trips. You all know them well... At the store Nate was apparently very interested in another child, who was around 2 or 3, who, according to the poor kid's mother, Nate terrorized. As you all know, Nate is a very intimidating kid. So menacing. He was also interested in trying on shoes and running out of the store into the mall. *Note to self: give talk about why stealing is wrong asap.
After some power shopping, the boys returned home with some legally acquired sneakers, because nobody seems to make boots small enough for toddlers. Perhaps the shoe manufacturers don't feel it appropriate for small-footed children to play in the snow? Anyway, Nate's sneakers are spiffy and he walks around in them the same way our dog did when we put booties on her - picking each leg up five times as high as normal and moving as if he were wading through quicksand. Using my spectacular photography skills, I got this fab shot of his new duds.
4 comments:
I like them Nate. When I was little I always felt I could run faster in new sneakers. Give it a try!
We had the same problem with the boots. We eventually just bought size 5 and figured she would grow into them by April.
If he's more excited to be running around in his shoes, maybe he'll be too distracted by the running to notice that you've got the camera trained on him!
Nate is really a bully. You should do something about it. I'm still traumatzied by the way he pulled my hair and squealed at me. So loud. So scary.
Post a Comment