Nate started throwing things. He's been throwing food for a while now, and has unfortunately good range these days. Then he moved on to balls, which seemed great since that's what balls are for. And his arm is getting stronger (Carolyn suggested he will perhaps be the next Sox ace), although his aim isn't all that good. Usually the ball goes forward, but there is an occasional backward throw (creating an entirely new meaning to the word "backhand"). Now he's throwing all sorts of things. It's great that he's learning fun new skills, but I'm not sure throwing things around the house is such a good idea. I wish it were a little warmer out so he could learn to throw outside. As we all know (well, everyone except Thad) from watching the Bradys that you shouldn't play ball in the house. Nate's latest talent is kicking the ball, like a soccer dribble. I'm all for soccer. As much as I love the Sox, I'm not sure I want Nate to go on tour for so much of the year. And some people have mentioned football, since Nate's a little bruiser, but football players tend to die young, and I'm not cool with that. But soccer... that works for me. Sure, there are some head injuries, but overall I'd guess soccer players are in pretty decent shape for professional athletes. And really, I have a hard time believing Nate will be a professional athlete (it's up to him, though, of course!)
In other news, Thad has seemingly passed his background check. Now his last hurdle is a physical. He got a note in the mail yesterday, the 16th (Great Grandpa's 95th birthday, btw), saying that he needed to have his physical done no fewer than 15 days before his start date of January 28. Hmm...
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How about ballet? Or tap? I'd even return your hip wrap if he'd like to try belly dance ;)
Henry has a good arm too, and an AMAZING bat swing. A friend of ours suggested that we break his right arm (but not along the growth plate, of course!) in order to encourage him to become a lefty, and therefore a more marketable hitter or pitcher. I didn't take this suggestion so well...nobody better go breakin' my baby's little arm!
Our little guy (or girl) from Colombia will probably play soccer too. So, they will have something to talk about when they get together!
Post a Comment