Sunday, September 7, 2008

busy busy

If you're interested, I just uploaded the rest of our VT trip photos (I put them under 8/21 with the other pictures).

As you may have noticed, it's been a hectic summer for us. The move went surprisingly smoothly, but the aftermath has given us a lot to do. Thad and I both really enjoy house projects, but we've been up to our ears in them recently. We have a handful of things that we have to finish up before the weather changes (for instance, we have no insulation in the attic and, up until last weekend, we had only a little underneath our family room addition). Nate spent Labor Day weekend (sans Labor Day) with Grandma and Pop-Pop while Thad literally exhausted ourselves doing house projects. And the best part is that nobody will ever notice the difference because we added insulation, reglazed a window, fixed up a closet, and some other misc. hidden projects. Work's also been crazy for both Thad and I, so our time's been at a premium. It looks like the next few weeks will be more of the same, but things should be back to normal next month (keep your fingers crossed!)

In the meantime, Nate's been busy expanding his musical repertoire, counting, and yelling letter names. He sometimes combines his interests and sings something like the Alphabet Song. He has become an avid reader and spends a lot of time on the couch with his books and copies of Babybug and Animal Baby. Thad and I think this is very cool because it's a great learning tool and gives us a little free time to do important things like make cappuccino. Grandma Shirley gave Nate a copy of Hop on Pop that he absolutely loves and he'll run around yelling "Stop! You must not hop on pop!" Although sometimes he leaves out the word "not," which is amusing. His other favorite Hop on Pop quote is "No, Pat, no!" which is also amusing because our next door neighbor is named Pat and I can't imagine what she thinks Nate is talking about.

More babies - very exciting! Welcome Will!

No comments: