Monday, January 26, 2009

moles eat snakes

Nate's language has been improving a lot recently. He can even carry on a conversation when he's paying attention. It's great to hear him learning, and I love his mistakes. The most recent one, which has stuck around over a week and we hear at least twenty times a day, is "where do you are?" So anytime we're not in the same room, he asks, "Mommy, where do you are?!"

Also, Nate is making jokes! They're not particularly funny to anyone other than Nate, but they are jokes nonetheless. His favorite (and I'm not kidding) is to tell us lots of things that moles eat. For instance, he'll say, "moles eat snakes!" and then he'll fall over in giggles. "Moles eat doors!" More laughter. "Moles eat cows!" Hysterics. Today he spent a lot of time pointing at pictures of various animals and saying they were all "sal-a-may-an-ders!" What a knee slapper!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

i wonder what he would think of the lambchop song "Mares eat oat and does eat oats..."? It would probably put him over the edge!

Anonymous said...

omg, that is so funny....imagine how this will all go on for years, with him making jokes with varying levels of humor according to adults. :) Samantha's latest joke is to say that Daddy went to Canada, instead of where he is actually going today (Amsterdam). "Daddy's going to Canada! [giggle giggle giggle]" ??!! I mean I know Canada is funny.....