The never-ending sinus infection
I got sick on March 7 and am feeling better but not normal. No comments from the peanut gallery about my not ever being "normal".
Thad's birthday
Thad turned 33 again this year. This time, he remembered his age correctly, though. This isn't like when you joke about turning 21 every year. It's more about hitting that point in life when you don't know how old you are. As a kid I thought that was crazy, and here I am, married to an ageless man.


a recipe for cornbread
Nate's still really excited about cooking. The ratio of ingredients he pours into the mixing bowl and onto the counter is improving. When he wakes up in the morning, he often sings and talks to himself, and the other day he was talking about "a half a pound of pork sausage."
He's more aware that we usually follow a recipe for whatever we're making. A few days after making cornbread, I asked him for the recipe. Here's his directions:
First you get the ingredients.
Then you mix them in a bowl.
Then you put it in the oven.
Then you eat it. Yum!
Not so bad, I'd say. Missing a few steps, but overall a pretty good synopsis of baking.




counting
Nate's been doing a really great job with his letters and numbers. He recognizes most of the capital letters, and definitely can recite the alphabet now. He also recognizes most numbers, and can count up to seven. Then he usually switches around eight and nine, and what comes after is always a surprise. But the funniest part of his counting is that he can say each number properly, but when he strings them together in order ("one, two, three, four...") he inserts the beginning sound of the word "three" onto all the subsequent numbers. So they come out, "one, two, three, throor, thrive..."
where is Jacques?
Nate's also very into singing and music. One of his current favorites is "Where is Thumbkin" and he will go through all the fingers, although he doesn't match up the hand movements with the right fingers yet. He's added a new finger, Jacques, by combining "Thumbkin" with "Frere Jacques," and he now often sings, "Where is Jacques? Where is Jacques?"
Thad masquerading as a backhoe

more trucks
Our lives still revolve in large part around trucks. Nate's been enjoying lining his toy trucks up, and also attaching wagons to their backs. Some of his trucks break down and need a tow.
8 comments:
what a great post! happy bday thad! Nate is too much. It's amazing that he's so into cooking. Miss ya guys.
Happy birthday thad!!!
I'm still so excited he loves to bake and cook :) What is he making in the one above the flour magazine haha?? Looks like my carrot cake cookies I just posted the other day :D they are so tasty! Have Nate make you some :)
Sol - we miss you too!
Steph - it's actually carrot cake, but we'll have to try the cookies sometime. Yum!
ha i love this kid!! he is a riot! Half a pound of pork sausage! LMAO!
He's really so funny right now. I was trying to figure out where he picked up the sausage thing, and when asked him who said "half a pound of pork sausage" he answered, "Nate did. I was in my bed." lol
Heehee! Whenever we ask Henry "Where did you learn that?" he says, "I just KNOWED it."
I think 2 years old is the most fascinating and delicious age.
Awesome updates--thank you! Here's hoping you have a super-healthy April, to make up for March.
He is so adorable! And smart! And creative! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!!
Post a Comment