Friday, April 10, 2009

the big apple circus

Yesterday we went to the Big Apple Circus. We weren't sure how Nate would hold up, since he doesn't have much of an attention span, but we thought it would be fun to try. We headed downtown, which is exciting on it's own because we get to drive across the Zakim Bridge, one of Nate's favorite things to do. I'm not really sure why we get tickets and pay admission to things when all Nate really wants is to go over bridges and watch helicopters. But I digress... Overall, the circus was a hit, although we only made it about 2/3 of the way through the first half before Nate started asking to go home. Some of the performers were a bit over his head - he liked the clowns, but I don't think he understood all of the jokes. Similarly, a performer like the tightrope walker is pretty amazing to most of us, but you first have to understand that it's difficult to walk on a rope, something I'm not sure Nate knows yet. Nate says, "I like the girl swingin' on the trapeze. That was my favorite part of the circus." But he also liked this man who was balancing huge vases on his head, and when we got home Nate tried to replicate this act (unsuccessfully, I should point out).




2 comments:

darwin said...

I look at this last picture and can't help but think, "Capital One Commercial".

Steve said...

This circus was set up when we were in Boston last year I think.

Nice outfit Nate!