Friday, October 23, 2009

crazy season

First, Nate and I survived our week together sans Thad. After a rough start, we actually seemed to get the hang of things. Thad made it home last night, so we're back to life as usual. I am completely exhausted and have even more respect for single parents. Big props to all of you.

And now, it's that time of year again! We've learned that late-autumn and early-winter are nuts around our household. Things start off with Halloween, then Nate's birthday in mid-November, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. And, as you are aware, this year we'll be adding another birthday into the fray. Some people call this time of year the holiday season, but for us it's more the season of mayhem.

This year, Nate has started requesting presents. I'm happy to get him the gifts he'd like, but this seems like it could be a challenge. He has been consistently asking for:

a pink and orange shopping cart
a pickax
a jackhammer
a harp

If anyone has any leads on where to purchase his birthday requests, please speak up. Way, way up!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I asked for a trip to Italy for my birthday, and I was a disappointed non-recipient as well. *sigh* I suppose I will manage to carry on... perhaps Nate will manage to escape any permanent scars. ;-) As long as there is birthday pie, I'm sure he'll be a very happy *Birthday Boy*!

Anonymous said...

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/productsearch.aspx?txtSearch=harp&image1.x=0&image1.y=0/&source=PDGOG09

Mwah!

Unknown said...

A harp! No way!!!

Wendy said...

a pickax, nate? really?

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darwin said...

You could start off with a Home Depot shopping cart and decorate...