Sunday, July 18, 2010

too darn hot

It has been ridiculously hot this summer. It was 104 degrees on the way home from my haircut a week or two ago, and although it hasn't been that hot since, it's still a festering 90-something and I have had it. Nate escaped briefly last week while on the Vineyard with Grandma, Pop Pop, Aunt Anne, Lia, Aunt Eloise, and Uncle Robert (did I miss anyone?) it was still apparently pretty uncomfortable there. I feel like I'm in hiding because I've been cooped up indoors with the shades pulled way up in an attempt to keep the temperatures somewhat reasonable. Summer is definitely overrated.

Another thing that is overrated is teeth. Or cutting teeth, to be more specific. Anja has been super cranky over the past few days, and I think it's due a bit to the heat and mostly to Tooth #2. I don't think there are any more imminently hiding in there but we may be surprised. I wouldn't mind if they all came out at once so we could get through this phase. We finally were getting into something of a routine and now the teeth are messing that up. And once it starts messing with my sleep (which is has) I become exponentially less patient. Add 90+ degrees and humidity and I am not a happy camper. So stay back, if you know what's good for you!

P.S. Anja is now starting to stand unsupported and she can stand up without holding onto anything. This too is overrated.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

OMG climbing ... standing... ahhhhh!!!!! good luck girl :)