
Today I made a new mom mistake. Nate fell asleep and I thought I could take a shower. Silly me. The first part of my plan went off without a hitch and I am, in fact, clean. However things went awry quickly. I exited the bathroom to crying. I was going to just let him cry for a few minutes but he seemed more upset than usual, so I headed into his room in my bathrobe and picked him up, thinking I'd calm him down, get dressed, then calm him again (since by that point he'd be crying again). My plan was foiled when I found my sweet little baby covered in poo. This was the mother of all poos. So much poo that he not only oozed out of his diaper and through his onesie, but also up his back, into his t-shirt, through the crib sheets, and all over the mattress pad. I feel lucky that I was in the shower with the fan on and not close to Nate when the poo happened, because I assume the sound was quite loud and may have be resulted in a mild hearing loss. So, of course, I clean him up. This, however, adds a washcloth and changing pad to the quickly growing laundry pile.
At this point Nate is
starving because he hasn't eaten in two whole hours. So I feed him for 15, maybe 20 minutes (I have a marathon eater. It usually takes him 40-45 minutes to eat!) when I hear more rumblings. I am not sure where all this "output" (in pediatrician terms) is coming from, but Nate again blows through his diaper, onesie, t-shirt, etc. So, I get him all cleaned up again. Then came the pee. Twice. I am not sure what I was doing wrong, but I clearly didn't fasten his diapers well enough. The list of casualties so far today is as follows:
1 crib sheet
1 mattress pad
4 onesies
3 t-shirts
3 changing pads
3 washcloths
Aside from the massive explosions of this afternoon, we had a relatively good day. I eventually got dressed and miraculously didn't get poo on my bathrobe. Nate slept very well last night, to the delight of both Thad and myself. And he was cheery and smiley this morning. Our fingers are crossed for another evening of (somewhat) decent sleeping.
2 comments:
Grandpop says, "Go Nate!"
Oh my gosh, that is a lot of poo. I guess if the trade-off is decent sleep, you'll take the copious poo in the daytime? :)
Post a Comment