Monday, January 22, 2007

a sticky situation

I am afraid of this post, because I'm worried I may jinx something. But I had to share our good news, even if it plummets us back into the pits of dispair, because I am just so freaking excited. After close to ten weeks of frustration, The Rash seems to be healing. Slowly. But (fasten your seatbelts!) it appears to be getting better. And we have my pediatrician friend Liz and a slew of children's hospital websites to thank. We have found a miracle product that's used mainly for colostomys (but is also approved for use in babies) that helps make creams stick to oozy, wet skin. I could jump for joy if I weren't so darned tired. Anyway, on Liz's suggestion we tracked down the one place in Rochester that sells this stuff and started using it last week on maybe Wednesday or Thursday, and we've seen a clear improvement since. I think perhaps the dermatologist's theory about irritation was right, but because nothing would stick to The Rash, things just weren't getting any better. But now, low and behold, happy new skin is appearing right before our eyes! And this wonder has been witnessed and confirmed by my sister, so it's not just the sleepiness making us hallucinate. Don't hold your breath, but I'll keep you posted...

We had a nice visit this weekend with Nate's Uncle Matt, Aunt Joanna, and cousin Joshua, with a short visit from Aunt Jean too. I'll post some pics soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In that case, a cautious congratulations and here's to Nate's skin making more positive progress.

Unknown said...

yay it's letting me leave comments now!

Keep it up Nate!!