Thursday, February 1, 2007
let it snow, let it snow
It is very snowy and cold here. I'm assuming not as snowy and cold as in VT, but snowy and cold nonetheless. Usually I am a huge fan of winter, and I love having a fresh coat of snow on things each day, because it looks so beautiful. But I am now being schooled in the rigors of having a baby in the winter, and I am going stir crazy. It's challenging getting around with Nate, so we are spending a lot of time at home. Some of my concerns are realistic and others are just brought upon myself by my new "maternal instincts" (aka "unfounded worries"). I'm paranoid about slipping on the ice and dropping him in some busy parking lot - perhaps I should walk around with crampons? But it really is a bit too cold and sloppy out to take a walk. Or at least, a walk more than 5-10 minutes. I think, though, I will be brave and go out to CVS later today (for more desitin, of course!) Parenthood has really made me go wild!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if you and Thad owned crampons... but, you're not walking around in the tundra. You might want to try Yaktrax. They sell them both at Dick's and at EMS. They fit over the shoe and give extra traction... without putting holes in carpets.
All i have to say is "pfbbtt". I'm sure Nate understands....
And thanks to Thad, I now know how to frost a cake properly. I grabbed some desitin and went right home last night to do so. But I have to tell you it was the worst tasting thing i've ever put in my mouth. Thanks for ruining my night.
Post a Comment