Tuesday, May 15, 2007

sweet potato

Nate likes sweet potato and his mother has gone insane. After his nap yesterday we went to Wegmans to get some food for Nate. Then I spent the evening steaming and pureeing veggies so we now have way more baby food than necessary, and our freezer is now stocked with little ice cube sized servings of sweet potato, squash, and carrots. I also bought some ready-to-serve dates. And peas. And green beans. And turkey. And oatmeal (just add water!) Since we are supposed to introduce things one at a time and three or more days apart, we should be set for a while. Perhaps I have channeled my grandmother, who was notorious for her well-stocked basement. On one visit to her house, I believe we counted a few hundred cans of beans down there. And the shelves in her freezer once collapsed from the weight of all the food. Hopefully the shelves in our freezer can withstand the baby-sized portions. If not, at least ours is on the bottom, so there isn't far for everything to fall.



No comments: