Our weekend started off really well - we went to the annual Knucklehead (aka Nelson) family picnic down in the Finger Lakes on Saturday. It was yummy as always (this year they roasted a whole pig!) and Nate enjoyed himself hanging around down on the farm. Unfortunately, though, yesterday he woke up with a 102.5-degree fever. It must have been from all the heavy partying he did the day before. When we got up in the morning, his room was littered with empty bottles and cups, a broken coffee table, lopsided pictures on the wall... crazy kid. Anyway, the fever's still hanging around today so we're off to the doctor later this morning to rule out an ear infection or other fever-inducing woes.
I really don't understand kids and fevers. It's really normal for kids to get fevers, and pretty high ones at that. Nate has no other symptoms, so they seem only mildly concerned about him. I wasn't expecting to be rushed off to the ER, but I guess I had expected the nurse to express at least a teeny bit of worry. I guess we can add "high fever" underneath "toes" and "head" on the list of things you don't do much for (other than the ever-popular infant tylenol.)
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Henry sometimes gets freaky random fevers too. One time it was 103.5! I swear there was steam coming off him as I hand-carried him to the pediatrician. But the dr. said to just give him some Tylenol and keep an eye on it. :)
Hmmm... fever and spiderboy abilities. You sure there aren't any radioactive/genetically enhanced spiders around the house?
Post a Comment