Monday, February 25, 2008

great grandpop

I'm sad to tell everyone that Great Grandpop Hudak passed away yesterday. He was an amazing man and we will miss him a ton. He was an avid Yankees fan (yes, it's true, I've got relatives on the Dark Side! And it carries over to both sides of my family. Gasp!) For years, he and my father had an ongoing bet - a bottle of scotch - for whichever team came out on top of the regular season standings. In 2004 the Yanks technically won that battle, but the two teams played in the playoffs - for another scotch - and, as we all know, the Sox prevailed and (finally) won the whole kit and caboodle. To celebrate my dad's first ever win, we had a family toast. We love you Grandpop.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that guys.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and your family, Neva. He sounds like he was a wonderful guy!