Nate has invented a great new game. It has a few variations, and I will share the most frequent with you. It began in Aunt Jeannie's concourse-level suite, which has a small half staircase leading out a back door. At the bottom of the stairs is a curtain, mostly for keeping the heat inside the house instead of having it flitter away into the wilderness of West Roxbury. Nate will climb up one step, turn around, and dive off into the curtains. Luckily there has been another person behind the curtain for most of his Evil Kanieviel stunts, but who knows what would happen if we just let him free fall through the billowing curtains and onto the concrete basement floor. His latest variation on the step game is to climb on his little yellow booster seat (that was actually mine when I was a kid) and to step off of that. It takes a lot of courage for him to get the guts to "jump" the couple of inches to the floor, but he really gets a kick out of it.
Nate's other fabulous game is far less dangerous, but just as unappealing. He takes a big swig from his sippy cup and then opens his mouth just wide enough for everything to just piddle out, down his chin, and all over his shirt. Great. Just great.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perhaps it's not a game, but a "drinking problem" like Ted Striker.
I think I'm going to have to change my opinion on what sports Nate will be into when he's older. Instead of climbing, I think he's now going to be a base jumper.
Post a Comment