Nate had an amazing day yesterday. It started off with a breakfast of muffins, which were a huge hit. So much so that Nate was shaking with excitement as we got breakfast together. Then we went outside to see... lots of trucks! Our street was being repaved so most of the residents of Garth Road were annoyed that we couldn't drive in and out or park on our street. But not Nate. He was overjoyed by all the trucks. There were two dump trucks, a power roller, two gradalls, and some other misc. trucks, all crammed into our teeny little block. While we were watching the trucks work we saw the two girls next door, so Nate went over for a visit and had fun playing with their amazingly complete Disney princess collection. Then we went back out to watch the trucks some more. Inside for some milk and then back to the trucks. Across the street to play with another neighbor (and his toy trucks), then back to watch the trucks. We got to know the road builders quite well over the course of the day - I was really happy because they were very sweet with Nate. They'd wave and say "hi" to him, show him their trucks, and other exciting interactions. But far and away, the highlight of the day was when they let Nate ride the power roller - wow!!! He was seriously the happiest kid in the world.



3 comments:
Oh my gosh, I know children for whom that would be the highlight of their young lives! What luck!!!
I probably would've enjoyed that day too! Muffins are great and trucks are alot of fun too.
OMG that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm thinking the construction workers were trying to pick up neva :) And I'm totally going to have to bake you guys muffins!!! I must say I also love the fact he was playing with barbies, all kids need to play with all toys :)
Post a Comment