Saturday, May 10, 2008

ice cream trucks

I hate the ice cream truck. It always drives by our house during naptime blaring a computer-version of "I had a little chicken who wouldn't lay an egg..." and ALWAYS wakes up Nate. Isn't there some rule against that? Can't the driver go hang around a park or something? And with the price of gas these days, I can't imagine looping around neighborhoods incurring the wrath of parents with non-napping children is all that lucrative. Aargh!

Here's another shot of one of Nate's fabulous hiding places... bet you can't find him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a really fat, orange cat (Farley) who would hide behind things like skinny chair legs when he was stalking a toy.

Anonymous said...

We have a similarly annoying ice cream truck which drives by each day, though it comes at 5pm so doesn't disturb Julia's nap. It also plays "Turkey in the Straw" and Julia refers to it as the "keemy tuh."

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could ask the ice cream truck driver to switch to Brahm's Lullaby?

Anonymous said...

you know you've gone and gotten old when you hate the ice cream truck. :)