We saw Gramma and Grampa Carlson and Aunt Holly on Saturday, but apparently even though Thad had the camera with him, we didn't document it whatsoever. I was out at a workshop, but I hear they had a nice visit at the Arboretum and Nate was carried around a lot. We met up later that evening for an adult-only dinner out of the house (a wild concept!) On Sunday we had breakfast with the Corbo-Hudak/Corbo/Hudak/Carlson/Cosbys here at 9 Garth and then we split up for the afternoon and Thad, Nate and I went to the Aquarium. Nate was mildly interested in the penguins, but was more interested in the bronze penguin statue sitting on a bench nearby. He did like the turtle, as well as the seals, which we could watch swimming back and forth. We were surprised that the giant tank wasn't more interesting for Nate, but Thad and I thought it was cool. At one point a shark swam directly toward us and I was thankful that there was a thick piece of glass between us (that and we were surrounded by air, which, in the worst case, would eventually win out over the shark). I can see why a shark is frightening if you are, say, a sturgeon. The most interesting creature, imo, was the Sea Dragon. But for Nate, the overwhelming hit of the museum was a model of the Earth hanging from the ceiling. He kept yelling "earf!" and we'd have to go stare at it for a while, amidst the throngs of uninteresting sea life. Outside the Aquarium, Nate also was quite engaged stomping in puddles. Go figure!




1 comment:
lol: earf
Post a Comment