!Soy Neva!
We're going on day four of Nate not feeling well, and we've been stuck inside the house for most of it. That's mostly self-imposed, because this bug seems to be pretty contagious (based on how many Carlson's have been struck down. If my calculations are correct, the head count is seven so far.) We haven't been doing much of interest because Nate's been pretty cranky, so we've broken our typical virtually-no-television rule. And we did it in style. Much like when my sister stopped being a vegetarian - when she cracked, the next day she ate so much bacon that she got cut off at her college's all-you-can-eat cafeteria (and made her friends go get more for her) - we have watched way more tv in the past few days than any normal human should.
And I'm starting to go batty... doing the batty bat! Now count!
Having not watched much recent kids' tv, I'm now being schooled on all the current programs (at least the ones available through "on demand") and I must say, I don't get the allure of some of them. What's the deal with Thomas the Train? Wasn't there a version with live actors too? Is that still on or is it now just the weird animated ones with George Carlin narrating? Why is that fun? And Dora? Man, could that girl be any more excited?! I think her head might explode. And what is she exploring, really? In one episode she found the seasons (which looked like islands at the beginning but turned into one large connected land mass. Nice going, Map.) And in the next episode she found her own house. Brilliant!
Nate has really latched on to Little Bear, and we've watched the same episode at least ten times now, which is really awesome. He also likes Curious George, which is not currently on On Demand, causing great confusion to Nate who doesn't understand why we can watch some things but not others. George, I have learned, is not only curious but scientific. In one episode we learned about fulcrums. I'd love to see Nate out somewhere pointing out various fulcrums around town - that'd be amusing!
It's finally naptime, so I'm off to whack my head against the wall until Dora's theme song is banished. This post was brought to you by the number 6.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that Nate has been struck down by the plague... while the Carlson Clan has been decimated, let's hope the Corbo-Hudaks can escape the same fate.
Holly
I have watched many MANY episodes of little bear. It used to literally lull me to sleep while sitting up. And the kids LOVED IT. It was one of those shows that they ALL agreed on. I just remember all the characters being way too nice and placid. Maybe Dora's excitement makes up for their lameness? ha! feel better soon!
The Carlson viral titer index is actually 9 if you count the grandparents too!
Sean & Jeff at work decorated my office with "it's a girl" stuff, and I have a huge Dora on my wall! Her three animal friends are there, too, but I don't know their names yet.
Post a Comment