Saturday, January 2, 2010

and we're off!

I had such high hopes, but 2010 has so far been mediocre. We made our first phone call of the new year not to our families or friends, but to our plumber because our bedroom radiator was leaking. Nate described it perfectly when he said, "the radiator drooled all over." Luckily it was an easy fix and our amazing plumbers didn't charge us, if you can believe it. We plan on bringing them some beer next week.) We no longer have to wade out of our room, but our rug is hanging over the stairway railing, dripping into a bucket in our downstairs hallway. Since we haven't been cleaning much (understatement alert!) the rug is really dirty and now our house smells like wet dog. Awesome.

Also, sleep deprivation is also starting to get the best of me. On New Year's Eve I said something along the lines of, "see you later, 2006!" Then yesterday, amidst our plumbing woes, I said that 2008 wasn't off to a very good start. As Thad pointed out, I'm at least moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

your plumber totally deserves some beer :) thanks for all the fun updates girl, merry christmas and happy new year!!