Spring has sprung, and with it come the sounds of birds and jackhammers. Ah, yes, it seems that as of this morning, I am back to living a (literal) stone's throw from a construction site. My hell. Nate's heaven.
As I mentioned, Anja had her four-month doctor's appointment yesterday. Overall, she's in good health, although she doesn't seem to be gaining weight well. We've also been having issues with Anja not sleeping well and being unusually cranky recently (I won't bore you with the whiny details) that could be related to Anja being hungry. They could be related to Anja being four months old, too. Or Anja being tired. Or Anja being Anja. Who really knows? Although babies are endearing in their innocent helplessness, there are times when I really wish she could just say, "Hey, Mom, I'm hungry." I'm having flashbacks to Nate at this age, which is when the nursing took a big dive and he wasn't eating enough. Although this isn't nearly as difficult, it's still mildly frustrating. In the end, all I really care about is that my kids eat and grow. How we achieve that is still TBD.
Also, tomorrow is the three year anniversary of Nate's broken head incident, and I realized that although it was still one of my worst days ever, I'm finally at the point where I can joke about it without pangs of guilt and horror rushing through my system. During our check-up, our pediatrician was holding Anja somewhat close to the edge of the examining table, so I mentioned that she can now roll from back to front in that paranoid mom kind of way. He assured me that she was fine and he hasn't dropped one yet, to which I replied that I had and didn't recommend it. He then kindly moved Anja, who stayed firmly on the table the entire appointment.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment