Thursday, April 29, 2010

name that tune!

I told Nate that I'm adding "dictionary" to my resume, since he asks me to define something every other sentence, to which he of course replied, "What's resume mean?" Nate then decided that his resume would include:
Baker
Pours ingredients
Not a good waffle cooker
Sings
Draws
Plays with trucks
Can do experiments
I cut things

On a related note, Nate keeps requesting the same artist on my ipod these days, and it has resulted in some tricky defining for me. Can you figure out who we're listening to these days? Here are some of the terms he's asked about from his new favorite artists' greatest hits:
slander
libel
The Bible
the law
confidence
mumbles

Bonus hint: Nate correctly stated that many of the songs "sound a little bid sad." He also asked in humorous disbelief, "Did he say 'cupcakes'?!"

2 comments:

Amelia said...

The first few lead me to guess... Simon & Garfunkle? Is there a S&G song with "cupcake" in it?

I'd suggest you share "Baby Driver" with him if that's not in the rotation, but then you'd have to explain "sex appeal." :)

carlbohudakson said...

Amelia wins it! I was actually worried about a similar problem with the lyrics to "Cecilia" (which I still like to call "Amelia" in your honor) but have so far dodged that bullet.