Just behind violin on my List of Instruments You Don't Want Your Kid to Play are the drums. And before you all jump on me about how great the violin and/or drums are, I want to clarify that if my kids could jump in as advanced, or even intermediate, players, I would be thrilled with a violinist in the house. I am just not so interested in the beginning stages for either of these instruments. But like most kids, mine are doing their darnedest to drive me nuts without doing anything particularly wrong. Nate is really interested in the drums. His favorite song is a version of "Strawberry Fields" from the Anthology set that ends with a long drum solo. Now he's made his own drum set of pots and lincoln logs (although, I think he's using a real mallet in these pictures), which he's taken to playing regularly. He's not too keen on giving Anja a turn, but she's been getting in on the action when he's taking a set break. I'm thinking a real drum may be in our very near future.


No comments:
Post a Comment