Nate's vocabulary is growing rapidly these days, although it may not seem that way to the untrained ear. He has words for most everything he encounters regularly, but they're not all in English (or any other commonly-known language, for that matter). He does say some words quite clearly: chair, cracker, hose, Pop-Pop, Elmo... but a great percentage of his vocabulary takes some translating. Here's a smattering for you:
awa = water
mama = grandma
mimi = mommy
daddy = daddy or Julia
Kiki = Courtney
Rashi = Lucia
Annie - Aunt Anne, or ants
cah = truck or car
mahmo = motorcycle, bicycle, or lawn mower, muffin, wheel barrow
ahmo = airplane
t = light
sssnn = raisins
bah - bread
uhuh = yogurt
weee! = fan
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lmao! (Can I write that on a blog about a baby?!?) I love how "Daddy" may mean "Julia," and I think "cah" is just his Boston accent developing :)
that is just ridiculously cute!
you should keep an ongoing list to leave with anyone babysitting :) I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!
i love that the "m" makes all the difference between a muffin and an airplane.
Post a Comment