We ripped a bunch of stuff our of the house last weekend - a drop ceiling in one of the bedrooms, some partition walls in the basement, and the insulation from the attic. We had planned on putting a bag or two out in the regular garbage collection each week, but clearly underestimated the amount of garbage we would actually have. So we rushed around on Monday to find a dumpster that could be delivered Tuesday and hauled away today, because our storage units are being delivered tomorrow and we needed the driveway free for that. Then Thad got sick, so we ended up lugging 40-plus bags full of sheetrock et al out of the house while he had a fever. He actually felt much better afterwards, so perhaps next time he's sick we should make him do manual labor? The floor people came yesterday and today to refinish some of the floors and we're going to start moving in on Friday. The only problem is that the floors were delayed a bit by a power outage, so we can't walk on the floors until Friday night or Saturday morning - it's not a huge issue because we can get in and out of the non-refinished rooms, which account for about half of the house, but we can't get at either of the bathrooms. Hmmm... And then last night my parents' dog got sprayed by a skunk, so this place stinks. And their washing machine broke, so Thad's currently at the laundromat (feeling much better, btw). Oh well! In the grand scheme of things, we have it quite good, even if Trevi does smell like Pepe Le Pew.









4 comments:
it's never too late for a good skunk wash- jazz got hit 3 times in her life. Soap + Hydrogen peroxide with some baking soda in it. Soak the dog for a few minutes, then rinse off. it really works.
tell thad since he left i don't think we've won a softball game :)
-sol
I agree. Palmolive, peroxide, and baking soda. It works.
hooray for house pictures!!! thad I'm happy you are feeling better! You guys are crazy I can't believe you did all of that in a week! good job!!! now go have a beer and relax :)
ooh looks a wee bit dusty! ha! I get all excited just looking at the pics...the house looks great. I think if I lived in Boston I would have some delusions that This Old House was coming to do a story on my house. he he he. Can you imaging if Tom Silva and Norm came walking in?
Post a Comment