Wednesday, December 2, 2009

doctors

Baby #2 is definitely less active than In Utero Nate (which felt like I was carrying around a soccer team), and she also doesn't seem to be in a rush to join us any time soon. Nate was a couple of weeks early, so even though my due date is still a week off, it feels like she's late. I'm trying to enjoy the last baby-free days, but I can't help the rising impatience.

I'm on the weekly OB appointment schedule now (and have been for a while) so our mealtime conversations occasionally revolve around the progress, or lack thereof, of my cervix. This morning Nate asked if the baby was going to fall out in the car, so I probably need to be more careful about my choice of wording from here on out. Nate has also taken it upon himself to give me checkups at home with his doctor's kit. Here are the stats from my most recent appointment with Dr. Carlson:

temperature - six pointy eight
reflexes - good, there's no monkey in there
eye sight - good
vaccinations - I received my "reflex shot" in the sholder
medicine - Nate gave me something, but wouldn't tell me what, except that now I'm "all better!"

So, now that we are certain I'm in good health, it's time to get the show on the road! Come on, baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of - and actively not bugging - you! Come on, baby girl! XOXO

bleisenblog said...

Good luck with the baby birthing! I hope you don't have to be pregnant too much longer!

Laura said...

Nate's hilarious!