Thursday, February 11, 2010

rolling rolling rolling

Anja had her two month doctor's appointment yesterday and got a big thumbs up. She's now a little over nine and a half pounds ( pounds 9.5 oz, to be exact), and they said she grew about an inch, making her a whopping 22.33 inches tall. She also got her first set of immunizations and handled them well considering she got poked three times and had to drink something she apparently did not want.

Our doctor was asking about Anja's personality and activity level, and I told him she was mellow and easy-going. Then I told him she had started rolling over, which he found quite unusual for a two-month-old, since this is typically a 4-6 month milestone for most babies. We then discussed the possibility that Anja might actually be an active baby, but since I'm comparing her to Nate (who rolled over at one month) my perspective is probably a little skewed. This was confirmed by what I am told is very advanced neck strength (once again, to refresh your memories, Nate was born with freakish neck strength and even knocked the oxygen bubble off his head in the NICU). That said, I still think Anja's mellow and easy-going, but perhaps she is more active/strong than I've previously reported. She still seems floppy to me!

On the subject of rolling, here's the video proof of Anja's Super Bowl Roll:

1 comment:

Holly said...

I think we may have a budding discus thrower... :-)