Nate is four weeks old today. Time seems like it flew by and at the same time moved ridiculously slowly. Strange.

Nate doesn't particularly like being put down. Anywhere. This is manageable when there are multiple adults in the house, but it makes things tricky when there's just one person. So I embarked on a search for some sort of gadget that would allow me use of my hands. Ideally, this mystery object would let me (gasp!) put Nate down somewhere, but I was willing to settle for having a hand or two free and some mobility so I could do wild and crazy things, like eating or getting a glass of water. So I was wildly excited when Jan, our amazing lactaction consultant, showed us a new way to put Nathaniel in a sling and he actually likes it! The picture is a mom's-eye-view of Nate in his sling. Not only do I have a couple of free hands, but I get a good workout to boot. Also, in a fit of despiration, we purchased a swing and Nate seems like he might like that after he gets used to it. I can hardly contain myself - the fact that we might have two options is almost more than I can handle! And (my best sarcastic voice here) perfect timing too, because Grandma and Grandpop (my parents) are coming to visit for a week and are perfectly capable of holding Nate so I can eat. Sigh. Well, maybe we will all need to do something that requires all of our hands at the same time - then our newfound gadgets will come in handy!
No comments:
Post a Comment