
Nate is starting to be more alert and has started looking around and watching things. This is an exciting change over his somewhat blank staring of the past few weeks. He can focus on objects and faces and even track things if they move slowly. Very cool!
He also is streching out more. He's still mostly in the fetal position and it takes a little work to straighten out his joints, but he's doing this more frequentky on his own. He has reaaly amazing muscle tone, and if you hold him upright he'll sometimes sort of stand up, putting all his weight on his legs. Granted he has no balance whatsoever and is nowhere near sitting up, let alone standing on his own yet, but it's cool to see him practicing and showing off his lanky legs. He has also started working on creeping - if he's on his belly he sometimes digs in his feet and scoots forward a little. I think we're in for a handful when he really starts moving around.
My exciting milestone is that I wore REAL pants for the first time. This is extremely exciting for me. I had no idea how great a button and zipper could be.
Also this week, Nate got his first bath. As you can see from this picture, he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

1 comment:
You know, in that first picture it almost looks like he's pointing a finger and saying, "You know, I thought about it and..."
Post a Comment