Wednesday, April 4, 2007

famous last words

Nate has woken up every night since I last blogged. His sleep habits are not as bad as the Sox season opener (thank goodness!) but I am none too pleased. I know he is capable of sleeping through the night, so what's the deal? It's totally my fault. Not only did I write about his fabulous new sleeping habits, but I also told Thad I'd take the night wakenings on weekdays (we had been taking every other day).

I went to the mall the other day (to get Nate out of the house while there were paint fumes in the air) and attempted the acrobatic feat of Feeding-In-Public. I made out relatively well, considering my lack of coordination while doing the simplist of tasks, such as walking. One woman came up to me and said how wonderful breastfeeding was and that she had fed her kid for five years. FIVE YEARS?! I know that for some people, that really works well for them, and I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the decisions other people make in raising their kids. I'm commenting purely on a personal level. As my mom says, "to each his own." For me, there's something creepy about envisioning Nate coming home from nursery school and having a little snack. If he can talk in complete sentences, he's totally cut off. And five years of monitoring your alcohol intake? Yikes! That's worse than being woken up at 3am every day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read that Manny Ramirez was breastfed until he was four years old. Personally, I think this explains a lot about him.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Years later we'll say "It's just Natey being Natey."