We just had a lovely visit with our friends Alison and Basil and their cutie-patootie son Henry, who's a year and a half. It's mind boggling that Nate will be moving around and talking like Henry in about a year. I am clearly an old fart, as I spent much of the visit complaining about taxes and marveling at how fast kids grow up. But it really is amazing that in the very near future Nate, who doesn't even know that he has a head, will be able to look at my neighbors' lawn ornaments and remark quite astutely that the flowers are going around and around.
This weekend also reminded me of the amazing power of parents to transate for their children. I love seeing how kids who are learning to talk pronounce different words, and I was curious to see what Nate's name would sound like. Turns out it sounds an awful lot like the famous Monty Pyton knights who until so recently said "ni," with the slightest "t" sound at the end. Pretty cool!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe we didn't take a single picture of our visit! ACK! I'm so annoyed with myself!
Post a Comment