Nate had his first "solid food" yesterday, which really wasn't all that solid. If you follow the recipe on the rice cereal box it's actually more the consistency of thick soup or atole than anything an average person would call "solid." So we spooned the drippy stuff into Nate using those great but flat baby spoons that work well for thicker things like applesauce. He was a little baffled by the whole experience but didn't seem all too enthusiastic or upset by it, which I think was a good response for the first attempt. Although, I tried again today and he was none too pleased, despite my fake smiles. He didn't buy my explainations either, "Eating is fun! Aren't you excited? Your cereal is so yummy!" Even with today's cereal debockle, I think things went quite well. Better than our current nursing patterns, for certain. Let's go "solid" foods!



And now for something completely different... I got some good-hearted flack about not mentioning the Sox sweek of the Yankees the weekend of the 20th. To be perfectly honest, I was worried that if I said something the Yanks would come back and kick some Red Sox patootie this past weekend. Since that didn't happen, I am now comfortable saying pffffftt! to our lovely but misguided Yankee fan friends and family.
3 comments:
Maybe he wants some garlic in that cereal?
As for the Yanks and Soxs...It's only April.
I just posted the current MLB standings on my office door, which the Red Sox and Yankees highlighted and a big smiley face on it. I'm worried I just doomed the Sox to a god-awful May. Uh-oh.
Misguided indeed! Ha!!
Looks like we have the same high chair. I felt silly buying one with so many bells and whistles, but I hope it will keep S entertained when she starts to use it! :)
Post a Comment