Monday, October 8, 2007

baby steps

Over the weekend Nate took a couple of steps! And just in time for Gramma Carlson to catch him in action. I wouldn't say he's walking yet, but he's making a vallient effort. He'll pull himself up on pretty much whatever's nearby (walls, doors, furniture, someone's legs, etc) and he can let go and balance relatively well. If he wants to move horizontally, he'll lean forward and usually flops forward into Hyper Crawl mode, but he's started to move a leg or two at the beginning of his lunge. I think it's something of a fluke that he's actually stepped, however pretty soon it'll be totally intentional. And around that time he will probably have foiled our babyproofing yet again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is just about the weirdest feeling when your baby starts walking and you realize he is a vertical human being, with free will and all that. Incredible. So proud, and so terrifying. :)

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way, this just means that it's one less round of babyproofing you'll have to go through after you guys head off for New England.

Unknown said...

i want a video!

carlbohudakson said...

Oh, Aunt Jean, hold your horses. I'll try, but it's still really infrequent. But just for you, I'll hang around all day with the camera, poised to shoot a step or two. :P

Unknown said...

did you mean to make that rhyme? or just can't help it?