Sunday, October 21, 2007
he's sweet
We took Nate to see the butterflies at Strong Museum this afternoon. It's in this new climate controlled room that's filled with all sorts of tropical plants and tons of butterflies (and the occasional moth or two). Before you go in they give you a list of rules and information on butterfly-human interactions ("if you step on a butterfly it will not have a good day.") We learned that butterflies taste with their feet, and if you are still and quiet a butterfly might land on you to see how sweet you are. I'm considering importing some butterflies for Nate's first sleepover party in the hope that it will keep the kiddos quiet and still. Anyway, back to this morning... it's a really cool exhibit and Nate seemed interested in watching the butterflies flittering around. And there were lots of lights too - always a big hit. Shortly before we left a butterfly actually landed on Nate (and didn't seem interested in leaving). I was far more excited about it than Nate, who didn't even notice. I was oh so clever today and [gasp!] brought our camera, so you too can see Nate's butterfly in the last picture below. It's greenish so it blends into the plants a bit.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We went to the conservatory in Niagara Falls, and I had to leave half-way through because it was too hard not to swat at the butterflies as they headed for your face. I'm glad Nate was able to handle it!
Cute?
Post a Comment