Thursday, May 29, 2008
head, belly, knees, and toes?
As you may know, Jeannie is in the midst of getting her masters in early childhood education. I was remarking that her summer courses sound fun - for instance, she's taking a class in movement. From my untrained perspective, the only thing I could think of using movement for teaching was the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." (side note: Jean's also taking a class in science/health, so perhaps this song will come in handy since it could be used for both classes?) When we started singing and moving to the toe-tapping beat we noticed that Nate seemed to be leaving out the movement for shoulders. We know he knows what shoulders are, so Jean investigated and realized that he can't touch his shoulders because his little toddler arms don't bend that way. Hahaha! What a horribly cruel song to teach little kids! And at what point can you touch your own shoulders?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just asked Henry, and he can indeed touch his shoulders. So by two and a half, Nate should be set. :)
ok that is cruel... cruel and very funny all at the same time :)
Neva your house looks adorable!! I can't wait to see more pics!!
Post a Comment