Sunday, June 10, 2007

if everyone thought like a baby

Ages ago (maybe when I was in high school?) there was this cartoon in the paper that was captioned, "if everyone thought like a baby" and there was this street scene and everyone's standing around looking at parking meters and cars and thinking, "I should eat that." That's what Nate's like right now. If you hold him, he licks your arm. If he's sitting, he grabs whatever's in reach and sticks it in his mouth. If he's on his back, he eats his foot. He is quite the gourmet these days, sampling bits of this and that. I get the desire to experiment and try new things, and his feet are so cute and tasty, but I really don't understand why something like, say, a carpet covered in dog fur seems appetizing. As my mom says, "to each his own" (or, in the old Italian-American dialect, "seh-zeech-is-own.")

Still no sightings of that pesky tooth. We will need more Tylenol if it doesn't pop out soon.

No comments: