Saturday, June 2, 2007

a tip of the hat

Q: What do Oprah, Fidel Castro, Elton John, Gorbachev, and Thad all have in common?
A: They all own Frabels.

What, you may ask, is a Frabel? We just learned that it is a glass sculpture made by the studio founded by none other than Hans Godo Fräbel.















Thad won an award at his DC conference (I guess he was working after all). He was chosen for outstanding MS research for a young investigator and won a cash prize (to be used for research, not for dinner, unfortunately for me!) and and actual trophy award commemorative glass sculpture thingie. According to the literature in the box, it's a Frabel, made by the famous Frabel Studio And despite it's humble appearance is apparently quite pricey. So unlike the major award from the Christmas Story, I'll do my best to water plants with care when near the Frabel.

And my own personal lesson from the past few days is that I need to give immense kudos to all single parents (or parents with travelling spouses), because after only three days of just me and Nate I'm beat. Seriously, I have a newfound respect for anyone who's soley responsible for caring for a child. Maybe if Thad's really as brilliant as everyone else seems to believe, I'll buy you all Frabels when he's rich and famous.

3 comments:

Aunt doris said...

Thad, congrats! Even before your Frabel, we thought you were a winner.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Thad!! Wow, this family is just a bunch of dunderheads.

Anonymous said...

Go Thad! My mom and I are counting on you!