Yesterday I bit the bullet and convinced some scrawny neighborhood kid to mow the lawn. I figured with Thad's dissertation deadline rapidly approaching, we weren't going to reasonably have time to tackle the field. The kid asked for $7, which seemed totally insignificant considering the lawn was past his knees. And it was about 95 degrees (I'm not being sarcastic, for once!) How much would you have given him? I don't really know the going rate for lawn mowing these days, but I didn't have any smaller bills, and the kid acted like he'd hit the jackpot.
After having numerous people ask me about our bathroom, I realized that I should probably give a quick update. Who knew so many of you were actually interested in our remodling adventures? Anyway, it's almost done - we just have a few loose ends to tie up, but it's working and, IMO, looks about a gazillion times better than before. We banished the lovely mosaic over the toilet (I know Thad dearly misses that fabulous architectural gem!), put in a new ceiling, fixed up the walls, painted, put in a new vanity, sink, and faucet... here's a glamour shot for you:
2 comments:
20 sounds appropriate for the lawn--- isn't it interesting that you can make 20 in less then an hour when doing yard work...but, a job that entails watching over a child (or children) is less then half of that an hour.
congrats to thad!!
I agree with Jean--$20 sounds totally appropriate. Beautiful bathroom! Nicely done. You guys are the DIY champs.
Post a Comment