You know the song "The Stranger" by Billy Joel? Its about how you think you know someone, but they have this hidden side to them. Well, Stranger Thad appeared last night and left me stunned. Aside from the obvious, what was so strange, you may ask? I learned that Thad has never seen the Brady Bunch. This alone was reasonably shocking, but the thing that really got me was that he couldn't name a single Brady. Not a one. He'd never heard "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" He didn't know they had a housekeeper, let alone that her name was Alice. He didn't even know that there were both boy and girl Bradys. How has he made it so far in life without knowing this key part of pop culture?! Seriously, I was in complete disbelief and, for quite possibly the first time, speachless.
In baby news, Nate is now officially an omnivore, as he has had some turkey. He wasn't a huge fan, but it certainly was received more warmly than broccoli! Lucia - Nate wants to know how you keep a turkey in suspense...
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Just wow. I, like you Neva, am in complete and utter shock. How does one live through the 70s/80s without knowing ANYTHING about the Brady's? They have GOT to be one of THE most frequently referenced pop-culture fake families in the world.
You need to get Nate to start watching TV-Land ASAP so he doesn't grow up to suffer from the same shameful fate as his father.
Only a couple years older than Thad, I grew up with five channels on a black-and-white TV, and still managed to see every episode of The Brady Bunch.
Tell Nate that I'll let him know when he gets older. ha ha ha
Post a Comment